The SDS-1 series spark detection and extinguishing systems have been designed and constructed to achieve spark detection in real time in all those environments where there is risk of fire (conveyors, filters, silos, screens, etc.).
The system is integrated with an efficient extinguishing system which utilizes water sprayed at high pressure, or it can activate the customer’s existing fire extinguishing system with foam, dust, etc. and is equipped with controls to perform efficiently in any operative situation.
The SDS spark detectors conform to the requirements of ATEX directive 2014/34/UE for use as intended in potentially explosive atmospheres due to the presence of combustible dust (zones 20, 21 or 22) with EU-type Examination Certificate.
• Compliance with European Standards EN 13463-1; EN 60079-0; EN60079-31
• Extremely rapid system response
• Emergency back-up power unit
• Expandable system
• Infrared detectors with special fibre optics to withstand temperatures of up to 290 °C
• No calibration
• Auto-testing function to test sensor efficiency
• Constant electric control carried out on the extinguishing unit.