The APX system has been designed to prevent cyclone plugging which is one of the major causes of production downtimes.
The APX plugging detection device consists of a set of appliances, a generator and X-ray detector, which are positioned on opposite sides of the system controlled. The signal emitted by the generator travels across the gap to the receiver which in turn picks up and processes the signal.
- Highly efficient performance
- Versatile and suitable for a wide range of applications (silos, chutes, piping, conveying systems, etc.)
- System immune to factors such as dirt, humidity, temperature, noise, vibration, etc
- No risk whatsoever of contamination from radioactive sources
- Transmitter and receiver do not come into contact with the material
- Both NC and NO alarm contacts available: silo plugging alarm may be managed by any kind of logic control system
- Future expansion possible.
- X-ray operated: the device is not equipped with radioactive isotopes: no radiogenic emission without power supply
- No production downtimes because of cyclone plugging
- No expensive or complicated cyclone cleaning operations required
- No risk of material being discharged into the environment with a consequent reduction in pollution.