The WINLEV system has been designed for the on-line measurement of thickness, weight and density of particleboards, OSB/LSB and MDF panels on the sanding line. The system may consist of one or more sturdy tubular steel beams in relation to customer requirements and the need to measure thickness at other points along the line; the fully detachable structure installs around the board roller conveyor at sander outfeed, and comes complete with the electrical and pneumatic plant. An electric box housing the micro processor is mounted on the side of the structure, whereas the PC, monitor and printer are normally located in the control room.
- Sturdy mechanical assembly of the structure and of the sensors in particular
- Measurement is not influenced by vibration or board undulation
- An efficient pneumatic system ensures extremely rapid measuring cycles with low operating pressure (board is not damaged)
- A board cleaning system positioned upstream of each sensor ensures that the measurement taken is true
- Incorporated database to store the measurement reports, for statistical analysis and graph printouts
- Numerous graphs available: thickness, weight, density (weight + density possible in conjunction with weighing scale), production trend, etc for error search and control of the forming line
- Record kept of each sand paper used, including the metres which the paper has actually sanded
- Network linking possible with TCP/IP protocol, for Siemens S5/S7 and Allen-Bradley ControlLogix
- Electronic weight transducers for the weighing scale easily and quickly installed on the existing conveyor.
- Extremely accurate measuring ability
- Quick and easy to install
- Self-calibrating system for thickness and weighing scale (when weigh scale is installed)
- Easy to use
- Little routine maintenance needed.